AI for Software Engineering
Artificial intelligence (AI) has a fundamental influence on all areas of economy, administration and society. An unexpected application of AI lies in software engineering: for the first time, AI provides robust approaches for software development in order to analyze and evaluate complex software and its development processes. Repository Mining, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics and Software Visualization enable targeted insights and powerful predictions for software quality, software development and software project management.
Seerene as provider of an innovative software analytics platform and the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering (HPI) as center of excellence for IT systems engineering are jointly conducting a study on AI for software engineering. With the aim of identifying AI-based approaches for the management of complex software projects, companies are to be involved with their IT projects. The project takes place within the framework of the new ‘AI Laboratory for Software Engineering’ at the Hasso Plattner Institute.
Seerene and HPI research AI approaches on the following topics using partner projects:
- AI-based analysis for the deployment planning of develop- ment teams
- AI-based computation of source code complexity, technical faults and software quality
- AI-based approaches for the transformation of legacy systems and vendor steering
- AI-based identification of duplicates and clones
- AI-based risk and failure analysis
- AI-based benchmarking
- AI-based statements on expenses and costs
Companies send their application with a short description of the proposed IT project until Dec. 06, 2019 via online form at www.ai4se.de.