The department of Computer Graphics Systems is dedicated to methods, principles, and techniques of Visual Computing and Visual Analytics, including:
- Software Analytics - Mining, Analysis, Interpretation, and Visualization for Data about Software Systems and Software Engineering Processes
- Geospatial Analytics - Processing, Machine Learning and Visualization for Geospatial Data such as 3D Point Clouds
- Image and Video Analytics - Processing, Analysis, Interpretation, and Visualization of Digital Visual Media Contents including Neural-Networks Technology
- Real-Time 3D Rendering and Non-Photorealistic Rendering - GPU-affine Algorithms and Techniques for Processing 3D Geometric Models and Image Data
- Information Cartography and Visualization Metaphors - Conceptual investigations about how to apply, transform, and extend cartographic methods and techniques to cope with challenges of big data information visualization using, for example, map metaphors.
The research is centered in IT Systems Engineering and Digital Engineering and has its focus on analysis, planning and construction of complex IT systems.