We are looking for a motivated PhD student or PostDoc to join our group in the area of cryptography and privacy.
Your future tasks
- Development of provably secure cryptographic protocols for real-world problems. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Password-based cryptography
- Privacy-enhancing technologies
- Foundations & solutions for real-world cryptography
- Publish and present results at top-tier international conferences
- Participate in teaching activities
- Master’s degree (or PhD for postdoctoral position) in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related area by the time of appointment
- Profound knowledge in the areas of cryptography and IT security (for postdoctoral candidates proven in the form of publications in these areas)
- Fluency in English & German (written and spoken)
What we offer
- Collaborative work environment in a newly established research group
- Outstanding setting to conduct top academic research with strong connections to industry
- Flat hierarchies, motivated teams and none-bureaucratic cooperations
- Working at the HPI campus in Potsdam-Babelsberg (S-Bahn station Griebnitzsee) near to Berlin
The position comes with a teaching obligation for which sufficient German language skills are required!
We look forward to your application including a CV and motivation letter. Applications for the PhD position should also include a list of attended Master courses and grades, whereas applications for the Postdoc position should include contact information for two references.
Please submit your application documents (only as PDF) via email to: office-lehmann(at)hpi.de