When you apply for a first semester, the following documents must be submitted as pdf or scan via your online application form or via your personal documents folder of your uni-assist account:
1. Proof of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent first degree from a higher education institution
For an application without a formally completed degree, the following minimum number of credit points must be documented at the time of application with a current transcript of records or confirmation issued by the institution of higher education regarding the current total number of credit points achieved up to that point:
- at least 140 credit points for bachelor’s degree programs with a total of 180 credit points
- at least 170 credit points for bachelor’s degree programs with a total of 210 credit points
- at least 200 credit points for bachelor’s degree programs with a total of 240 credit points
2. Proof of the content and structure of your academic training. This can be provided in the form of a Diploma Supplement, module catalogues, or study and examination regulations. If your academic achievements were completed at an institution of higher education other than the University of Potsdam, then your document must contain information on credit points as well as information regarding the form, content, and examination modalities.
3. If applicable, translations by a sworn translator. If your academic transcripts were issued in a language other than German or English, a translation of these documents by a sworn translator must also be uploaded via the admission and enrollment portal.
4. If applicable, a placement notification for the first semester. In order to learn more about the placement notification and under what circumstances it is necessary we recommend you read the section Application Documents and Transfer to the University of Potsdam and Change of Degree Program of our Frequently Asked Questions page. Application for admission to an advanced semester with a respective placement notice must be submitted directly to the Chair of the Examining Board of the master's degree program.
5. Additional program-specific documentation for each master’s degree program (see lists below).