Contact: Ralf Krestel
Are you interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in computer science in a world-leading research institute?
In our Web Science group at HPI we offer a scholarship for an outstanding student to join us in any of the research fields related to text mining:
- information retrieval
- natural language processing
- machine learning
- recommender systems
Candidates will have:
- a very good master's degree (or an equivalent university degree) in computer science or related disciplines (e.g., mathematics, computational linguistics, information sciences, etc.) and will target a Ph.D. degree.
- We expect eagerness to participate in team work, outstanding analytical competence, strong interest in interdisciplinary research and excellent programming and communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Language skills in German are welcome.
- Qualified candidates who have not yet completed their master's are also encouraged to apply.
- a creative, active, internationally renowned research group, support for publication at leading international conferences, support in pursuing a Ph.D., and an friendly working environment in a new, technically excellent campus.
- HPI (http://www.hpi.de) is located close to Berlin, offering a wide variety of educational opportunities, recreation and tourism, and cultural events. Being directly connected to the Berlin metro rail system, HPI can be reached from Berlin city center in about 25 minutes. Both Potsdam and Berlin are very vibrant cities, and have large student and international communities.
How to apply:
Candidates are invited to apply with:
- detailed curriculum vitae and copies of degree certificates/transcripts,
- a statement of interest / letter of motivation,
- writing samples/copies of relevant scientific papers (e.g. thesis, etc.),
- name of a Professor who can provide a letter of recommendation on request.
The anticipated start date is June 1st, 2018, but a later date is also possible.
If you are interested please send your application in PDF format with the subject heading 'Application for PhD position' via email until April 30th, 2018 to the following contact:
Dr. Ralf Krestel