Foundations for Design Thinking is a 16-week program where participants get the basic knowledge, skills, and capabilities to apply the principles of Design Thinking to build creative confidence. During the program, which runs from April – July and October – January you will work in different teams led by our experienced Design Thinking Coaches. We aim for a supportive and inclusive environment that considers gender identities, cultural background, and professional experience.
The program gives insight into different aspects of Design Thinking and provides the opportunity to learn basic tools, methods, and mindsets that foster successful human-centered innovations. You will dive into an experimental learning approach that is based on teamwork.
What you can expect:
- Experience how to build up a winning team.
- Test different approaches of research and observation to understand the point of view of the user.
- Get insights from the collected qualitative and quantitative data.
- Learn to apply several methods of ideation.
- Undertake a solution space sprint.
- Develop prototypes and test them in a human-centered approach.
- Get feedback and learn how to iterate your findings for feasible solutions.
- Format: on-site on Campus Potsdam-Griebnitzsee only.
- The participation fee for the Foundations Program is 750 euros. Participation is free for current HPI students, doctoral candidates and HPI employees.
Apply now until March 15th, 2024!