The Hasso Plattner Institute teaches Design Thinking to students and professionals and continuously subjects both the method and its ecosystem to thorough examination. In the Hasso Plattner Design Thinking Research Program (HPDTRP) in Potsdam and Stanford, questions of how Design Thinking can be improved, what the success to date is, and how it can best be implemented in the organizational context are examined.
At Hasso Plattner Institute we focus on the application of Design Thinking in companies, start-ups and NGOs. This innovation approach helps in increasing team creativity and responding to social change. Thereby, exciting questions are raised for innovation research. To answer them, PhDs, postdocs and professors from Potsdam and Stanford work together closely. Research focuses primarily on team dynamics and the transfer of research to practice.
HPI research projects 2020/21
- Software Design in an Exploratory Culture II
- Human-Centered Digital Innovation
- Probing Different Concepts of Human Needs
- User-Centered Digital Communication and Behavior in Fragile Situations
- Digital Design Observatory: from Data to Insights
- Design Thinking Metrics: Measuring the Impact of Design Thinking
In the Hasso Plattner Design Thinking Research Program (HPDTRP), theoretical and practical aspects of Design Thinking are examined, developed and partially redesigned. Research and teaching are closely linked. Accumulated findings are evaluated in the research and, after a thorough examination, flow into the training of students and professionals.