- Overall responsibility: Prof. Hasso Plattner
- Teaching staff: Martin Lorenz, Jürgen Müller, Matthieu-P. Schapranow
- Location: Hasso Plattner High-Tech Park (SNB-E.9/10)
- Time: Tuesday and Wednesday, 11am;
- 4 Semesterwochenstunden (SWS)
- 6 ECTS (graded)
- Enrollment until 02.11.2011
- Final Presentations: 27.02.2012 11:00-12:30 & 13:30-15:00 (Ort: SNB E.9/10)
- Paper Deadline: 31.03.2012
In this seminar, you shall improve your skills to get familiar with a specific research topic on your own. We will give a brief introduction into the topic and then coach you throughout the semester while you work on a specific topic. Several presentations ensure that your presentation skills are improved, too. Finally, you write a scientific paper that also prepares you for your master thesis.
The final grading is determined by (each part must be passed)
- seminar results & research article (40%),
- mid-term and final presentation (20%), and
- methodical research approach and individual commitment (40%)
The article must not exceed 12 pages (plus attachments) following the IEEE template. An introduction into design science in information systems research will be given.
This seminar focuses on two topics:
- Large-scale processing of data generated by RFID or data matrix technology in the EPC Network and
- Security in this supply chain network.
- detailed topics will be presented in the first lecture
All topics have a theoretical part. A practical part is optional. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask Martin Lorenz, Matthieu-P. Schapranow or Jürgen Müller.
-  Frédéric Thiesse, Christian Floerkemeier, Mark Harrison, Florian Michahelles, Christof Roduner, "Technology, Standards, and Real-World Deployments of the EPC Network," IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 36-43, March/April, 2009. URL: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/csdl/doi/10.1109/MIC.2009.46
-  Fleisch, E.; Mattern, F.: Das Internet der Dinge, Springer, 2005.
-  EPCglobal
-  EPC Network
-  http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/authors/transjnl/
-  Hevner, A. R.; March, S. T.; Park, J.; Ram, S.: Design Science in Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Vol. 28, (1), pp. 75-105, 2004.