Please apply via the online portal of the University of Potsdam by uni-assist e.V. Please note the application deadlines and also submit your application documents by post to uni-assist after your electronic application: uni-assist e.V.
Foreign Applicants additionally need to contact the International Office at the University of Potsdam. Here you can also get advice on how to provide proof of German language proficiency.
Uni-assist first checks your application and then forwards it to the corresponding commission at HPI for a final review and to implement the admission procedure.
Your application must include the following:
- Fully completed online-application
- Signed application for admission with submited by standard mail
- Curriculum Vitae in German or English
- Copy of the first degree (diploma or suitable interim certificate, or Transcript of Records verifying that the minimum number of credits has been met, indicating the current average grade) as possible with abstract of IT-course;
- Letter of motivation in which you give your reasons for the intended Master’s study at HPI and your goals associated with it
- Proof of German language proficiency (DSH2) for applicants whose native language is not German
Note: If you do not yet have a degree, you can still apply by means of a performance record as a certificate substitute. For more details, please refer to https://www.uni-assist.de/online/uni-potsdam/?lang=en
If applicable, you are welcome to include the following additional information with your application documents:
- up to two letters of recommendation from university instructors who are not HPI Bachelor graduates
- proof of study and research abroad as well as internships and professional working experience
- proof of professional activities carried out after completion of your first professional certification
- proof of awards or honors for outstanding achievements in teaching and research
- proof of other relevant qualifications
Please find more details for international applicants here
Please find more details on special application here