The Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s university excellence center for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The joint Digital Engineering Faculty of the University of Potsdam and HPI offer a practical and engineering-oriented study program in computer science that is unique throughout Germany. HPI carries out internationally recognized university research. The focus of HPI’s teaching and research lies on the foundations and applications of large, highly complex and networked IT systems.
The openHPI project operates one of the best-known German learning platforms for MOOCs. We offer open online courses for large numbers of users, develop the necessary software, and run the required infrastructure. In addition to openHPI, we operate platforms for SAP, the World Health Organization, the BMBF and others. Currently, we are supporting more than 3 million learners. Parallel to our work in development, we use our platforms to answer current research questions.
To strengthen our dedicated team, we are looking for
Cloud Engineers (m/f/d)
We offer full-time and part-time positions.
Your future tasks
- Operation and further development of our OpenStack private cloud
- Installation, maintenance and expansion of server and network components
- Planning and implementation of infrastructure upgrades (e.g., 10G/40G)
What you should bring with you
- Good experience with OpenStack, Ceph, radosgw (S3)
- Experience in dealing with hardware, such as servers (e.g., Dell), switches and networks
- Experience with automation, configuration management, monitoring, inventory
- Experience with Ubuntu and Debian; Linux networking is an advantage