The Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s university excellence center for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The joint Digital Engineering Faculty of the University of Potsdam and HPI offer a practical and engineering-oriented study program in computer science that is unique throughout Germany. HPI carries out internationally recognized university research. The focus of HPI’s teaching and research lies on the foundations and applications of large, highly complex and networked IT systems.
The openHPI project operates one of the best-known German learning platforms for MOOCs. We offer open online courses for large numbers of users, develop the necessary software, and run the required infrastructure. In addition to openHPI, we operate platforms for SAP, the World Health Organization, the BMBF and others. Currently, we are supporting more than 3 million learners. Parallel to our work in development, we use our platforms to answer current research questions.
To strengthen our dedicated team, we are looking for a
DevOps Engineers (m/f/o)
We offer full-time and part-time positions.
Your future tasks
- Operation and further development of our developer and production environments
- Further development of our packaging and deployment processes
- Conception and implementation of a container-based deployment environment
What you should bring with you
- Profound experience with common development tools
- Experience with automation, configuration management, monitoring
- Experience in operating highly accessible and/or distributed applications
- Experience with Debian Packaging and OpenStack is an advantage