The Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany's university center of excellence for digital engineering (www.hpi.de).
The openHPI project operates one of the best-known German learning platforms for MOOCs. We offer open online courses for large numbers of users, develop the necessary software, and run the required infrastructure. In addition to openHPI, we operate platforms for SAP, the World Health Organization, the BMBF and others. At this time, we are supporting more than 3 million learners. Parallel to our work in development, we use our platforms to answer current research questions.
To strengthen our dedicated team, we are looking for a
Python Developer / DevOps (m/f/o) with experience in Jupyter Notebooks
We offer full-time and part-time positions. The position is initially limited to one year.
Your future tasks
- Conceptual design, development and support of a scalable Jupyter Notebook infrastructure
- Conceptual design and development of a system for resource management in the Jupyter Notebook infrastructure (queueing, scheduling) as part of the DevOps team of our MOOC platform
- Support of MOOC teaching teams in the use of Jupyter Notebooks
What you should bring with you
- Relevant experience with running Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterHub and related products
- Relevant experience with web application development in Python
- Experience with artificial intelligence and data science methodologies is an advantage
- Interest in research
What we offer you
- Opportunity to pursue a doctorate
- Flexible working hours and financial stability
- Flat hierarchy, motivated team and non-bureaucratic working style
- Possibility to take advantage of university offers: research seminars, collaborative work on research questions and attendance at specialist conferences, language courses, Design Thinking courses, participation in a wide range of HPI conferences and events
- Opportunity to participate in teaching (MOOC courses and university program)
- Lunchtime Lightning Talks and Friday Drinks
- Workplace at the beautiful HPI campus in Potsdam-Babelsberg (S-Bhf. Griebnitzsee) with fast and easy access to Berlin via public transit and car, a subsidized BVG ticket, and flexible home office arrangements
We look forward to receiving your application documents, including your salary expectations. Please apply only by email in PDF format to:
Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Digital Engineering gGmbH