Lectures and Abstract
Winter Semester 2014/15 | Detailed View
Internet Weaknesses and Targets
(Course also for Beijing University of Technology)
"Internet Security - Weaknesses and Targets" is based on the lecture course "Internet and WWW Technologies" and povides an introduction to various topics concerning Internet and Intranet security. After starting with some remarks on risk analysis and computer crimes, Internet security weaknesses and targets are discussed in detail. There are lectures about
- human factor and technical failures,
- attacks on accounts and passwords,
- attacks on Internet protocols,
- misuse of design and programming errors,
- weaknesses in common operating systems,
- targets in the WWW, and
- current malware.
The lecture course concludes with an introduction about possibilities to detect attacks and intrusions and a discussion about legal and ethical issues.