Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s center of excellence for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The Digital Engineering Faculty, founded jointly by the University of Potsdam and HPI, offers a highly practical and engineering-oriented computer science study program, which is unique throughout Germany. HPI’s university research earns international recognition, with the main focus of its teaching and research on the foundations and applications of large, highly complex and networked IT systems.
The Digital Engineering Faculty, established jointly by Hasso Plattner Institute and the University of Potsdam, is one of Germany‘s excellence centers in Computer Science and IT Systems Engineering. In the course of our ongoing expansion, our newly established research group Internet-Technology and Softwarization is currently seeking two
PhD students (m/f/d)
for our location in Potsdam. The position is fixed-term and full time.
Your future tasks
- Research in networking, e.g., network softwarization, mobile and wireless networks, datacentre networks. Possible techniques comprise machine learning, stochastic optimization, simulation or experiment-based approaches.
- Teaching in digital engineering and supervision of master and bachelor students
- Participation in group and HPI activities
- An outstanding master’s degree (or an equivalent university degree) in computer science or a related field with a strong background in networking or distributed systems
- Eagerness to participate in team work, flexible and independent work style, outstanding analytical competence, good implementation and experimental skills
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English; German skills are necessary to fulfill teaching obligations (at least, B2)
What we offer
- A first-class, active and inspiring research environment
- Working with excellent students at one of Germany’s best computer science programs
- Practical research, real use cases and challenges in the big data environment
- Flat hierarchies, motivated teams and unbureaucratic cooperation
- Working at HPI in Potsdam-Babelsberg (S-Bahn station Griebnitzsee) near to Berlin
- Attractive employee benefits (corporate benefits)
You can find more information at the research group’s webpage at https://hpi.de/karl/home.html. We look forward to your application including your desired salary and possible starting date. Please
submit your application documents (only as PDF) via email to:: holger.karl(at)hpi.de
Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Digital Engineering gGmbH