Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) is Germany’s center of excellence for digital engineering (www.hpi.de). The Digital Engineering Faculty, founded jointly by the University of Potsdam and HPI, offers a highly practical and engineering-oriented computer science study program, which is unique throughout Germany. HPI’s university research earns international recognition, with the main focus of its teaching and research on the foundations and applications of large, highly complex and networked IT systems.
The Digital Engineering Faculty, established jointly by Hasso Plattner Institute and the University of Potsdam, is one of Germany‘s excellence centers in Computer Science and IT Systems Engineering.
The Institute’s new AI-Lab offers at the location in Potsdam as of now Ph.D. and Postdoc Positions (m/f/d) in the following HPI research groups and topic areas:
Your future tasks
- Research in the field of data engineering, streaming systems, machine learning systems or databases on modern hardware
- Presentation of research results on excellent conferences
- Support of doctrine in the field of data engineering and supervision of master and bachelor students
- Participation in group and HPI activities
- An outstanding master’s degree (or an equivalent university degree) in computer science and will target a Ph.D. degree
- We expect eagerness to participate in team work, outstanding analytical competence, and strong interest in current AI/ML research
- Strong programming and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in spoken and writing. Language skills in German are welcome.
- A high level of dedication, independence, flexibility and teamwork complete your profile as well
What we offer
- A first-class, active and inspiring research environment
- Experience with relevant technologies and methods
- Cooperation with project partners and other scientists
- Cooperation with first-class students as one of the best computer science degree programs in Germany
- Practical research, real use cases and challenges in the big data environment
- Flat hierarchies, motivated teams and none-bureaucratic cooperations
- Working at the HPI campus in Potsdam-Babelsberg (S-Bahn station Griebnitzsee) near to Berlin
We look forward to your significant application documents. Please provide us with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV and copies of degree certificates/transcripts
- Publication record and samples of relevant scientific papers
- 2 recommendation letters
Please submit your application documents (as PDF) via email to hr-meinel(at)hpi.de.
Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Digital Engineering gGmbH
14482 Potsdam, Germany