From the end of their first term, participation in a club of their choice is compulsory for all Bachelor’s students. The time needed for club activities depends on the division of tasks and on individual commitment within each group. It is possible to move from one club to another.
Apart from the fact that project management experience is an indispensable soft skill, students benefit from club participation in multiple ways:
(1) If desired, students receive a certificate along with their diploma. This certificate documents extracurricular activities and can be an important advantage when applying for a job.
(2)The most successful student clubs are awarded a prize each year.
- 2018: School Club, Connect Club, Band Club
- 2017: Film Club, HPI Mgzn/Newspaper Club, Refugee Aid Club, School Club, Connect Club
- 2016: Coder Dojo, PR Club, Film Club, High School Club (special award), Connect Club (special award)
- 2015: Student Representatives (1st), Connect Club (2nd), Website Club (3rd), High School Club (special award)
- 2014: PR Club and Student Representatives (1st), High School Club (2nd), Photo Club (3rd)
- 2013: High School Club (1st), PR Club (2nd), Newspaper and HPI Connect Club (3rd)
- 2012: High School Club, Events Club, Photo Club, HPI Band and iDeveloper Club
- 2011: Visual Art Club, Film Club, Photo Club as well as the Alumni Club
- 2010: Events Club, IT Club, the Debating Club and the HPI Magazine
- 2009: High School Club, the HPI Band, Events, Alumni and Public Relations Club
- 2008: High School, Alumni, and HPI Connect Clubs
- 2007: High School and Newspaper Clubs