IT-Entrepreneurship (Wintersemester 2015/2016)
Lecturer: Dr. Rouven Westphal
(Gastdozenten oder Dozenten der Uni-Potsdam)
Dr. Manuel Effenberg
- Weekly Hours: 4
- Credits: 6
- Enrolment Deadline: 23.10.2015
- Teaching Form: Seminar
- Enrolment Type: Compulsory Elective Module
- Maximum number of participants: 20
Programs & Modules
- Founder Team
- Idea Generation
- Business Modeling
- Startup & Strategic Marketing
- Product/Market fit & Minimum Viable Product
- Budgeting & Financing
- We invite entrepreneurial guest speakers for specific topics.
Core questions (lecture):
- How do I generate a business idea?
- What aspects to consider when creating a business model?
- How to put a product on a market?
- How to get customer feedback early on?
- Who do I need for a winning team?
course does not close with a final exam. To have you take away the
course essentials, we will test your knowledge repeatedly throughout the
term in various ways.
Starting from your business ideas, you
will develop and present a business case. This will end in a prototype
that you test in the market.
The exercises are framed in a way to
challenge like an entrepreneur is challenged with various tasks every
day. You will learn that you are able to handle many things even if you
did not learn them before in any setting.
Core questions (exercise):
- How do I develop a good business case?
- How do I develop my presentation pitch?
- How do I quickly test market my product?
Interest in creating your own venture. Eagerness to get hands dirty.
objective is to equip students with knowledge and insights to execute
their own business ideas. Furthermore, we aim to motivate more HPI
students to think entrepreneurial.
- Course has a limit of participants. Places are assigned on "First come, first served" basis. –
- Eric Ries: The lean startup
- Guy Kawasaki: The art of the start
- Alexander Osterwalder: Business model generation
Attendance, Tests, Final Presentation
Monday, 9:15-10:45 AM
Wednesday, 9:15-10:45 AM