Doctoral (Ph.D.) Students / Postdoctoral Researchers in Digital Health
Six Positions for Doctoral (Ph.D.) Students / Postdoctoral Researchers in Digital Health with emphasis on Personalized Medicine and Solutions for Next-Generation HealthcareChair in Digital Health and Personalized Medicine.
Six Positions for Doctoral (Ph.D.) Students / Postdoctoral Researchers in Digital Health
At the Digital Health Center of the Hasso Plattner Institute, Prof. Dr. Erwin Böttinger, Chair in Digital Health and Personalized Medicine, is seeking highly-motivated individuals with proven track records of excellence, who aspire to create next-generation healthcare solutions embracing cloud-based, person-centric health data management, artificial intelligence and telemedicine.
Successful applicants will work with internationally-recognized teams based in Germany (Berlin-Potsdam), with extensive collaborations in the U.S. (New York City), and should have a demonstrated interest and record of achievement in one or more of the following areas of research (description of work/opportunities):
Areas of Work
- Knowledge representation: extracting information from disparate data sources and making information interoperable across diverse information systems
- Telemonitoring/medical sensor technologies: extracting useful and useable information from real-time sensor technologies and internet of things
- Machine learning/deep learning: developing innovative methods for diagnosing health problems/predicting health outcomes in high-dimensional, heterogeneous data
- Intelligent personal health assistance and/or clinical decision support agents: developing artificial intelligence solutions to improve health outcomes through supporting better personal health decisions and better clinical care decisions
- Data sovereignty: Developing innovative electronic consent procedures that enable patient-/person-centric sovereignty concerning data access, sharing and use
- Privacy protection: enhancing trust with advanced digital tools and methods for privacy protection, such as data de-identification (pseudonymization) and anonymization, or encryption
- Master or PhD degrees in computer/data science, physics, mathematics, or equivalent degrees in medicine and advanced health sciences
- Experience in data mining, computational statistics or machine learning / deep learning
- Excellent skills in high-level programming languages
- Self-reliance, goal-oriented creativity, dedication, team spirit and excellent English language skills.