Trends and Concepts in Software Industry I: Next-Generation Enterprise Applications (Sommersemester 2016)
Dozent: Prof. Dr. Hasso Plattner
(Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts)
Dr. Matthias Uflacker
- Semesterwochenstunden: 2
- ECTS: 3
- Einschreibefrist: 22.04.2016
- Lehrform: Vorlesung
- Belegungsart: Wahlpflichtmodul
Studiengänge & Module
- IT-Systems Engineering A
- IT-Systems Engineering B
- IT-Systems Engineering C
- IT-Systems Engineering D
The focus of this lecture is on enterprise applications, especially with regards to in-memory databases and a programming model for enterprise applications. The lecture will largely be based on the In-Memory Data Management book by Prof. Hasso Plattner, which will be given for free to all enrolled students at V-2.11 (Marilena Davis). Students can pick up their copy after June 09th. Parts of the lecture will be conducted in a flipped classroom setting, meaning that participants have to prepare parts of the content beforehand, which will allow for more dynamic discussions about vital parts of the introduced technologies and additional hands-on sessions. During the block week, we will have several guided discussions and controversial questions with the aim of reflecting the content and increase your ability to judge current trends and concepts with a focus on in-memory database technology. Additional presentations will complement the block week. After the lecture the students should be able to discuss and judge emerging trends of software engineering and data management in the context of enterprise applications.
- openHPI Course In-Memory Data Management
- Book "A Course in In-Memory Data Management" (will be handed out to enrolled students)
- additional papers to be announced
Lern- und Lehrformen
- preparation sessions (brief self-study and joint topic introduction session; eventually with hands on task)
- block lecture (traditional lecture style)
- integrated flipped class sessions
- written or oral exam (depending on the number of participants): -- 60%
- individual engagement and discussions during the block week: -- 40%
In order to obtain the ECTS credit points for the lecture, the two parts (written exam and individual engagement) must be passed with a grade of 4,0 or better.
- introduction, open questions: 12.04.16, 15.15 in room D-E.9/10.
- preparation meeting: 14th of July, 11 am in room D-E.9/10.
- block lecture: 18th of July to 21st of July.
- written exam: 27th of July, 09:00 am