On October 19th and 20th in Rheinsberg, took place the 1st Ph.D. retreat of the "Service-Oriented Systems Engineering" Research School. During the first day the students had the possibility to present and discuss their research activities together with HPI professors, researchers and fellow Ph.D. students. The second day was dedicated to the new students who had the chance to introduce themselves and present their previous work.
- Flavius Copaciu - A Framework for Adaptive Transport in Service- Oriented Systems based on Performance Prediction
- Benjamin Hagedorn - Design and Composition of 3D Geoinformation Services
- Nikola Milanovic - Asynchronicity and Loose Coupling in Service-Oriented Architectures
- Michael Schöbel - Operating System Abstractions for Service-Based Systems
- Matthias Uflacker - A Task-oriented Approach to User-centered Design of Service-Based Enterprise Applications
Published in: "Proceedings of the Fall 2006 Workshop of the HPI Research School on Service-Oriented Systems Engineering" Benjamin Hagedorn, Michael Schöbel, Matthias Uflacker, Flavius Copaciu, Nikola Milanovic Heft 18 (2007), ISBN 978-939469-58-2, ISSN 1613-5652 [Pdf]