HPI-Mount Sinai Digital Health Forum 2019
November 21-22, 2019, Potsdam
The HPI-Mount Sinai Digital Health Forum presents a new approach for transatlantic exchange between key protagonists that drive digital transformation in healthcare from Germany and clinical champions from the Mount Sinai Health System in New York City.
!!! News !!! We are honored to welcome Dr. Heike Riel, IBM Fellow and Department Head of Science & Technology at IBM Research, on November 22, 2019 with a special guest lecture "A Sneak Peak of IBM Research - From Computing to Touching Health"
The mission of the newly founded Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Health at Mount Sinai (HPI.MS) is to advance human health by striving for programmatic and operational integration of data science, digital engineering, health sciences and health care expertise and leadership of the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering in Germany and the Mount Sinai Health System in the United States.
On November 21-22, 2019, Prof. Christoph Meinel, CEO of the Hasso Plattner Institute, Prof. Dennis S. Charney, Dean of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and Prof. Erwin Böttinger, Head of the Digital Health Center at HPI and Director of the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Health at Mount Sinai will introduce visions and strategies why and how digital engineering and healthcare organizations will lead the digital transformation of healthcare through groundbreaking partnerships for healthcare co-innovations. Engineers, computer scientists, researchers, and clinicians from HPI, Mount Sinai and leading German and European institutions will introduce and discuss their ideas, successes, challenges and exciting trends in digital technologies, data science, and precision medicine.
Sessions and panel discussions focus on the following topics:
- Platforms for Multimodal Health and Clinical Datasets
- Health Monitoring: Sensing and Analytics
- Co-Innovation in Digital Health
- Precision Medicine Use Cases
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in Human Health
Keynote and guest speakers are:
- Samuli Ripatti, Vice Director at the Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM), Scholar of Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, leading expert in disease prevention genomic and data science
- Paul Lukowicz, Head of the Research Department Embedded Intelligence, leading expert in context-specific, wearable recognition systems
- Roland Eils, Founding Director of the Digital Health Center at Berlin Institute of Health (Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin), leading researcher in translational digital health
- Jörg Debatin, Chairman of the Health Innovation Hub (hih), German Ministry of Health
- Ieuan Clay, Group Lead at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), leading expert in applied data science, clinical practice and large-scale data handling
- Suchi Saria, Director of the Machine Learning, AI and Healthcare Lab and founding Research Director of the Malone Center for Engineering in Healthcare at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, shaping the future of individualized medicine with augmented intelligence
- Christoph Feest, Head of Management of the Helmholtz Artificial Intelligence Cooperation Unit (HAICU)
Meet and network in engaging event formats with international digital health innovators, data scientists, engineers, visionaries and entrepreneurs and be part of new evolving initiatives.
The Hasso Plattner Institute Digital Health Center Potsdam and Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Health at Mount Sinai New York City organize and host the two-day conference at the inspiring HPI Campus in Potsdam.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via email to digital-health-forum2019(at)hpi.de